Total Pageviews

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Beginnings

The cold pre-dawn chill seeps through the walls and into my sheets. Not even the few hours of sleep shielded me from waking to the frosty sensation that envelopes me this early morning.

There's something to be said for waking up with the cold. It wakes you up faster than a shot of espresso or a slap in the face. Suitcase, toothbrush, the sudden realization that I haven't packed. We're off to the lake today!

I know it was a little bit long for a preamble to such a short announcement but really, it's just another of the great things that have been happening. I'm engaged to a wonderful and beautiful woman, we just got our mortgage approved for our future home and I got the dream job that I had applied for.

They say that good and bad things come in clusters. After the last couple of months, I'm almost inclined to agree! I wish you all as many blessings as I've received and that you'll pass it along to someone else who needs it.




No comments:

Post a Comment