Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Madame Butterfly and Parenting


I went to watch Madame Butterfly last night and it was absolutely amazing. It was everything that I think Opera should be.

The stage management was brilliant, the singers were absolutely fantastic. The musicians were very good as well. The orchestra was the municipal youth orchestra who did a very good job, though there were a few misses.

Some people cried, other people cheered but I think we all felt it. If ever I have been to a show that was worth it, that was it.

On the other hand, I used my Sunday to make a little demonstration of After effects parenting to demonstrate to Susan and to make the explanation of how it works a little easier.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Parenting is a function in after effects that allows you to link one layer to another to allow natural movement such as one layer could be a hand that's attached to an arm. It has it's own movement but also fallows the arms movements.

Well, you can watch the clip and see for yourself. The heart actually get's attached and unattached as needed. This allows this kind of "attachments".

Here's the link to the clip:

http://tinyurl.com/dbkuh3

No comments:

Post a Comment