Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In life and in Death....



Today I went to a funeral. It seems that Dora Amalia died. Since I imagine that you don't know who she is, I'll explain. She was one of the founding members of VSA arts Guatemala. She had an undergrad degree in psychology and was a choreographer for the wheelchair dancing. In the picture above is a group of wheelchair dancers with her facing the camera.

We met August when for our graduation project my group had to make a social communications plan for VSA arts Guatemala. Dora Amalia was everywhere and her enthusiasm and helpfulness was unparalleled.

Just a few months ago she helped me by appearing in a 30" TV ad (below). It took us about 25 takes adn 45 minutes to get these 30 seconds. It's really strange to have so recently recorded someone that died. It's really hard to wrap my mind around.

Well, I guess that it's better to wish her Bon Voyage than to dwell too long on the tragedy that was her death. She lived well and accomplished much. So to her I say:

"May they rest in the company of the saints,
and their sons and daughters with them."

-Irish Blessing for the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment